Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Beginner at Blogging

I just recently started makeup artistry school, and thought it would be a good idea to become a blogger. I have only been through week 1 of school, but will start sharing interesting things that I learn. The first week was about prepping the skin before makeup application, and finding the perfect shade of foundation, and concealer. I actually learned a lot that I had never known before.

The most exciting thing about this past week was getting the things for my makeup kit! The brushes are probably my favorite; they are all so soft and perfect.

One thing that I have realized this week is that I use my left hand AND my right hand to apply makeup. I'm a lefty when it comes to writing, but I use my right hand for everything else. So I have noticed that anything that is close to writing, like applying eyeliner, or blush, I feel more comfortable using my left hand. Everything else, though, like applying toner, moisturizer, and foundation, I use my right hand. I have come to the conclusion that I will start using my right hand for everything.

This morning I actually applied my eyeliner and mascara with my right hand only. It was a little tough, but it turned out nice!

I will start posting pictures of my work, and other makeup related things as soon as I really get going. I will post Tuesday after school, and update you on Monday and Tuesday's learning's!

I will post any week day that I have time. I currently go to school until 4:30pm during the week, and work from 5-10pm usually 3 days a week. Any day I do not work, I will post. =)

Brittany Mullins

1 comment: